Monday, February 22, 2016

Camping Day!

We did this back in October to go with our theme "The Great Outdoors" which is loosely based on the movie featuring John Candy...not really :) but I do love that movie! Our adventure isn't as comical as the ones in the movie but we do have some fun!
 


 

The week before our Camping Days we work on making some binoculars out of painted toilet paper rolls and some yarn! We use these on our Camping Days to go on a "hike" and look at nature. Luckily for me have a large campus with a lot of landscape and I even take the kids on a path behind the fence of the playground, which they are always super excited about!


 We borrow a tent from a parent and have it setup in the courtyard as well as some hay bales and I create a fake fire with some tissue paper and rocks we have!





 We have hot dogs, chips and juice for our snack! And for dessert we make s'mores by roasting marshmallows (we use the heat from the BBQ after Mr. Chris made the hot dogs for us!





We do some fishing! I make fish out of craft foam and add paper clips and use fishing poles I made that have a magnet at the end of the string!
The kids get to play in the "mud" which I made with sand, brown paint and I add some hand soap!
The kids bring sleeping bags and we play a few games of sleeping bag hop!
This is another favorite day for the kids! They go home super excited with many fun things to share!





No comments:

Post a Comment